How do you order online?
We’re asking people from different cities, different companies, and different lifestyles to answer how they order their favorite meals to their door.
Today, we sat down with Barbara from Modern Restaurant Management!
1. What’s your favorite restaurant, currently?
My favorite restaurant is Anthony’s Cheesecake Café in Bloomfield, NJ. The owners are dear friends and I have met many friends there. We jokingly saying it’s Cheers without the alcohol! The eclectic food paired with the welcoming atmosphere is what keeps so many coming back. (And, yes, the cheesecake is amazing!)
2. What’s your favorite food?
I like most cuisines, but really have favorite dishes. Anything dumpling will always get my attention as well as hot bread with compound butter.
3. How many times a month do you order food delivery?
At least four times.
4. Does your office order-in food?
We do order pizza, occasionally catered lunches and coworkers and I do order lunches in from local restaurants.
5. What is your favorite food to order and why?
Korean Fried Chicken. It’s become a guilty pleasure and I prefer to savor it at home.
6. What is the worst delivery food item you’ve ordered?
I’ve had the soggy fries and the stolen ones. Both are bad, but I can reheat the soggy fries. You don’t have that opportunity when they are not there!
7. What time of day do you like to order the most? Why?
Evenings and lunch. It’s when I am most likely to be hungry.
8. What is your favorite online ordering platform?
I have used most but tend to go to DoorDash.
9. Have you ever ordered online outside of your city?
I recently wanted to but could not! I was in Dallas and there was an In and Out Burger across the freeway from my hotel. I could see it from the window. I “assumed” I could order from DoorDash, etc., but I couldn’t find them. Then I recalled how In and Out had issues with delivery services a few years back. I contemplated taking a car service back and forth, but the cost was prohibitive.
10. What can’t you get through delivery that you wish you could?
I am lucky to live in the NYC-Metropolitan area so I can (and have) had everything delivered from groceries to late-night fresh-baked cookies.
Learn how to grow your restaurant and thrive with online ordering.
Join thousands of peers already getting valuable tips and insights sent to their inbox.